London Gets Mugged 5
Thank you to our generous staff and board for donating all the gifts under our tree to the Children's Aid Society of London Middlesex.
Happy Holidays from Investing in Children
Kids Power Conference Fall 2011
Investing in Children's Kids Power Conference was held on November 3 at the London Public Library, Central Branch. 88 enthusiastic students--selected by their schools based on their strong leadership qualities--participated in a full day of workshops. With a "Get Healthy" theme, the conference included hip hop dance, a salad dressing tutorial and lots of active team building exercises. The goal of the conference is to help students develop their leadership skills and be inspired to bring back healthy, leadership initiatives at their own schools.
Thank you to our amazing volunteer Dianne Cooke for helping us on the day of the conference and to the Optimist Club of Middlesex-London for sponsoring our keynote again this year. Also, a big thank you to the Child and Youth Network's Healthy Eating, Healthy Physical Activity Priority (HEHPA) for donating hats, pedometers, mini hockey sticks and meal planners for the participants.
This conference is only made possible through the many community partners that volunteer their time to speak to the students. Thank you to:
• Shannon McKie - The Athletic Club
• Stephanie Howlett and Cindy Fendall - Child and Youth Network
• Andrew Fleet - Growing Chefs
• Natasha Roberts and Fatima Machado - Thames Valley Children’s Centre
• Charis Parker and staff - Glen Cairn Community Resource Centre
• Crystal Branan and staff - Bob Hayward YMCA
• Leroy Hibbert - LUSO Community Services
• Sarah Foster and Ruth Major - London Public Library
Check out our gallery for some photos of the conference.