About Investing in Children
Investing in Children is making our community stronger by providing opportunities for children to grow, to learn and to thrive. With programs focusing on literacy and numeracy, leadership, proper nutrition and other keys to future success, we are working with our partners to enrich the lives of thousands of children and their families.
Investing in Children was created in 1999 when Kids Count and the London Investment in Education Council were merged together, creating a new organization with a new mission and vision.
Investing In Children works with the community to improve the lives of children and their families because we believe every child should be provided with opportunities to help them reach their potential.
- Work with other community partners to enrich the lives of children and their families.
- Increase the community's focus on children and their needs.
- Facilitate initiatives that are responsive to identified needs and gaps.
- Identify and stimulate new (unique) opportunities.
- Raise awareness about Investing in Children.
- Act as champions of Investing in Children to encourage and increase financial support.
Investing in Children is governed by a Board of Directors, spanning the private and public sectors of London. Our 2013-2014 Board of Directors are:
- Joanne Beasley, Beasley Law Office, Co-Chair
- Ted Gorski, London District Catholic School Board, Co-Chair
- John Harkins, Selectpath Benefits & Financial, Executive Member at Large
- Geoffrey Hare, London Knights Hockey Club, Executive Member at Large
- Scott Gilfillan, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Treasurer
- Jeny Wallace, ID Labs Biotechnology, Past Chair
- Richard J Ferris, CA
- Janice Evans, Highstreet Asset Management Inc.
- Mark Mohan, Century 21
- Rosine Salazer
- Ailene Wittstein, Merrymount Children’s Centre
Learn more about our board members.